Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Achieve

December 28 – Achieve
What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.(Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)

Physical activity! I've been sedentary for a year, adjusting to being partnered and settling in to this new life and I'm ready to shake that off, to get back out on hikes and away from civilization. There is a calm for me when I'm away, outside and moving that is unlike any other. In the quiet of a tent at the end of a day or returning to the car after seeing a majestic waterfall...it's just amazing.

And the feeling of the tired, the quiet of my mind after my body has had energy exerted is a feeling I miss.

Ten thoughts:
1) It's a choice in every moment--movement or stillness
2) Partner up!
3) Find a passion and enjoy.
4) Glory in the small steps
5) Release the idea of skinny.
6) It's about health--keep focused.
7) Group activities!
8) Think of the photographs.
9) Find adventure in the everyday.
10) Keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment