Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Five Minutes

December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)

I'd like to remember the look on the face of Michael as we were sealed together for eternity as husband and wife. The look on the faces of my family and friends as they congratulated us and the quiet peace of the best decision I'll ever make.

I'd want to remember the feeling of walking into our first home and looking at the fireworks from the backyard on the Fourth of July with our friends and family.

My parents dancing together for the first time in my whole life at my wedding, doing the steps they'd practiced in secret for a year and the expressions of my brothers and sisters while watching.

I want to remember the feeling of hosting Thanksgiving and seeing all my family under my roof.

The faces of my new parents-in-law as they stayed in our home for the first time under a roof with their son for a few days.

The peace of the Sedona sky as Michael and I rested in the hot tub after a long, tedious journey to our wedding.

And the feeling of so many beautiful women bonding, loving and healing together high in the mountains of Colorado.




Amazing how much happens, how many lovely memories, and how much I'd forget so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment