Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm good enough...

...I'm smart enough and doggone it, people like me.

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)

I've always been aware of how big and how loud I am. And I've not, in all honestly, really liked it. But there is a beauty in my way of expressing myself and a freedom in my humor that makes it fun to be around me. And so long as i remain open and gentle along with that, it's just fine to be me.

I suppose going forward that's going to translate into a constant need to remind myself of that until I really, truly assimilate the information into my soul and behave like I'm enough. This year will also find me studying more about my internal vocabulary, my shame and how to monitor both and change the things I need.

It's going to be a long process but I'm interested to come to this day next year and read my journal, seeing what kind of progress I've made and where I'll be headed next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment