Saturday, December 18, 2010

Do or do not, there is no try.

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

In the eternal story of my relationship with my body I 'tried' to incorporate five days a week of working out. I managed to find a group of women to walk with on most mornings but some were pregnant and it eventually petered out when they got close to birth. I tried to work out a couple of times a week with Michael but that died too. It just seemed like I didn't have the gumption to stick to a schedule.

We've talked about why this is and I think it's some ADD and some just not seeing the immediate results that make me motivated. So, this year we're doing things differently. We're starting slow. We're not only going to exercise together. We're going to use the facilities available to use and not pay for a membership until we know we'll use it.

I think the accountability to each other will make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment