Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1: One Word



2010: Transitory

This year I stopped working, moved back to a state I thought I hated, bought a house, got married, began being paid for my photography and hosted my first Thanksgiving meal. I'm leaving out some parts but there was So.Much.Change.

I think the most pronounced has been the lack of traditional outside employment. Well, that and the marriage. Together they're sometimes ridiculously anxiety inducing.

I should explain, for those of you who have never read before, that I find marriage to be quite odd. I always feel compelled to point out the obvious--I'm deeply in love and was willing to rearrange my entire life to be with this man, he's that cool. Blah blah blah. So let's assume that when I say 'weird' I don't mean that I'm trapped in an unhappy marriage or looking to find a door.

Marriage is weird to me because of the intense togetherness (among other things) and it's taken quite a bit of time to come to that. Couple that with moving back to Utah (something I swore I'd never do) and not working (for the first time in almost two decades) and you have something of a perfect storm for anxiety.

Turns out? I don't like change nearly as much as I thought.

And there I was, steeping in an anxiety I was trying to quell while simultaneously denying it was there and I meet Jen Lee. I spent a weekend with her and a group of amazing women in Denver realizing why I was feeling this way and how I could help.

2011: Integrate

No comments:

Post a Comment