Friday, December 31, 2010

At my core.

December 31 – Core Story
What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Author: Molly O’Neill)

It seems an appropriate time of year for me to be talking about this as January, especially late January (which is when I'm writing this despite the date on the post), is not a great time of the year for my friends and me. It's a time of year filled with tragedies. And often togetherness. But at those times are the stories at my core. I know them and spend time with them. I picture them as my worry rocks, turning them over and over, smoothing out the edges.

I shan't share them here, they're too tender. But they're at my heart, my core and I carry them always. Quietly and lovingly, letting them shape my every day interaction with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment