Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hot tub me

December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

So, I thought yesterday was a hard prompt. This one is really taking some thought. I must confess that I don't spend lots of time thinking about my body. In fact, it's primarily ignored and not, to be very honest, well cared for. To think, then, about when I felt integrated with my body is quite the task.

I suppose that if I was answering about a time when I wasn't concerned with the future or the past, just simply myself, all three times were in a hot tub.

The first was February 14th, my first day of marriage, in Sedona. Michael and I were finally relaxing and I crawled in past the frigid air and sat alone and quietly for the first time in many days. I felt so very relaxed and at home in my life. I had not a care in the world.

Second, I was with my sisters. We took ourselves on a retreat to spend some time together and play canasta. On the first night all of us, including my niece, crawled into the hot tub and were talking and laughing. I got out and took a couple of photos. We were on the outskirts of Yellowstone under perfect clear skies and happy to be together. Amazing.

Lastly, I was with my soul sisters in Colorado. Amy, Aleece, Jen, Katie and I spent a great few moments in the hot tub there. It was snowing big, fluffy flakes and we were so content to talk and just be ourselves. There was no judgment about body size or style, there was only love and acceptance and camaraderie.

Perhaps I ought to just buy a hot tub and spend some more time feeling like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment